Handling powders in industry
There are several solutions for the transport and mixing of powders and granules
Plants and machinery for the transport of powder and granules, must permit rapid handling of powder material (as well as pellets) within a plants.
Chemical, pharmaceutical and food industries need for transport, mixing and dosing powders and granules.
Plants and equipment for the transport of powder and granules must be reliable, safe, made with care and with high quality components.
The construction of plants and equipments for the transport of powders and granules and needs analysis of products to be treated.
In fact, some physical-chemical properties of powders to be treated (such as density and specific gravity) are fundamental to the design of plants and equipments for the transport of powders and granules .
Within the chemical, pharmaceutical and food industires plants and equipments for the transport of powders and granules perform different functions:
- the supply of process machinery the dosage of powders and granules
- the mixing of powders and granules
- the weighing of powders and granules.
As part of the plants and equipment for the transport of powder and granules there are two major categories of equipments:
- flexible mechanical conveyors that are ideal for covering large distances, are easy to clean and install and require little maintenance;
- transporters of powders and granules that are used in rigid auger systems which require high flow rates and products that are difficult or abrasive sliding. Pilotta
Angelo Pilotta Srl – construction plants and equipments for the chemical and pharmaceutical industries – Via Fratelli Cervi, 10 – Rho (Milan) – Italy – ph. ++390293909023